If you search the web for tips on how to repair your credit, you will come across Creditrepair.com reviews. The site is designed to help consumers repair credit reports and improve their financial standing.
With a Trustpilot rating of 4.5 stars, it is one of the most reliable credit repair companies that has been in the business for over two decades.
According to the company, it isn’t just a dispute mill but it leverages a variety of consumer protection statutes to make things easier for clients looking for ways to improve their credit.
The company claims to be one of the largest credit repair businesses on the web, but is it worth a try? We’ll find out in this creditrepair.com review and highlight everything there is to know about the company, from what it does to its pros and cons.
Let’s start with our creditrepair.com review:
What is Creditrepair.com?
Creditrepair.com is a well-known site that helps users repair credit. Details about the company seem to be missing on the website; however, according to the internet, it was established in 1997 and is today one of the most well-established credit repair platforms.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, the company offers free online credit evaluations that include free credit score and summary, free improvement plan, and free negative item review.
It has handled more than 19 million challenges and disputes since its inception. The platform has more than 500,000 members and it caters to all kinds of budgets.
The company shows exactly what is hurting your score and what you can do to fix things. It provides credit repair progress and credit score tracking through the dashboard.
Some of their main features include:
Mac iOS & Android App
You will be able to keep an eye on your report thanks to mobile apps that are available for both iOS and Android users for free. These apps are easy to use and come up with some brilliant features such as the ability to streamline your personal online dashboard through your phone.
Email and Text Alerts
CreditRepair gives users the option to set up email and text alerts so you are always aware of the latest happenings. Whether it’s good news or bad, you will receive it immediately.
The online dashboard is easy to use with simple navigation. It’s designed to help users monitor progress seamlessly.
While Creditrepair is essentially a credit fix platform, you will also find some great resources on the site including detailed articles and guides.
How does Creditrepair work?
The main purpose of the site is to identify and remove inaccuracies, disputes, and negative additions from your credit file.
You can start with a free report or sign up for one of the plans. After you clear payments, the company will review your credit reports reported by the three main bureaus: Transunion, Experian, and Equifax.
The company will get in touch with you within 48 hours to discuss your report. They use a variety of monitoring tools to flag any inclusions or reports.
A few things that the company can help you remove include:
- Late payments
- Charge offs
The company works with both bureaus and creditors to ensure your credit history is correct and up-to-date.
Remember that only unfair, invalid, or inaccurate items can be challenged. Creditrepair is not a debt counseling or debt consolidation company and it cannot help remove valid items.
If they find issues, they will contact your creditors and agencies to challenge those negative items. They leverage every available rule to ensure your rights are protected.
The company doesn’t only work to remove incorrect items but also goes the extra mile to verify that your credit report gets updated accordingly.
Pros vs Cons of Creditrepair.com
Credit Repair reviews cannot be complete without pros and cons:
- Provides Free Evaluations: Signing up with the company will give you access to a free online snapshot that includes suggestions, a list of negative items, and your credit score. This can be great for users who only want to get insights into their reports.
- Three Service Levels: The company offers three plans: aggressive, moderate, and basic, thus catering to all kinds of consumers. You can pick a plan that best suits your requirements.
- Excellent Educational Library: The company has a great resource section that can be accessed by both customers and non-customers. It includes articles, interactive calculators, and videos that can improve your credit knowledge and help you lead a better life.
- Easy to Use: You can use the website to access your reports or get your hands on the free creditrepair.com app to ensure you’re always aware of the progress.
- Discounts: You can reduce creditrepair.com fees by enjoying a couple discount of $100 ($50 each) on your first month when you sign up as a couple.
- Fast: Most creditrepair.com reviews agree that the company is fast to do the job and the average program lasts for about four months.
- Reliable: According to most reviews on Credit Repair, the average client sees 7 percent of the negative items removed each month, which is pretty impressive.
Just like any other company, CreditRepair doesn’t come without flaws. Here are some:
- Lacks Transparency: A major issue with the company is a lack of transparency. Pricing isn’t fully disclosed on the platform and there might be some shocks in the form of hidden fees.
- Limited Disputes: You will get a limited number of disputes per month based on the plan you have selected. Unfortunately, no plan currently comes with ‘unlimited’ disputes.
- Limited Availability: While using the platform, we found out that CreditRepair doesn’t offer services in all regions due to a lack of local representation. The company doesn’t provide a list of service areas and you will have to go to the official site and enter your zip code to find out if it’s available in your region or not.
- Poor Customer Feedback: While the CreditRepair.com site is full of glowing reviews, third-party creditrepair.com consumer reviews are not very positive and some consumers seem to be unhappy with their customer services.
- No Money-back Guarantee: CreditRepair is one of the few credit repair companies to operate without a money-back guarantee. This means you will get no refunds if the company fails to remove any items on your report.
You can choose from three plans:
- Direct starting as low as $69.95 per month + $69.95 first work fee
- Standard starting as low as $99.95 per month + $99.95 first work fee
- Advanced starting as low as $119.95 per month + $119.95 first work fee
The cheapest plan comes with basic features and the most advanced plan includes almost everything the company offers. Unfortunately, the company only promotes the Standard plan on the website, which is also their most popular option.
CreditRepair fees are on the higher side, especially due to the company charging a one-time fee of $14.99 to obtain your credit reports. We think the company should reconsider Creditrepair.com pricing and provide users the option to submit their own credit report at no charge.
Moreover, be careful when signing up as the company automatically checks the box selecting Quickstart, which will cost you $14.99. You can uncheck the box if you do not need the Quickstart plan, which is for users who are in a hurry.
CreditRepair isn’t the only company offering credit repair services. There are a bunch of alternatives on the market.
We have selected some of the most popular CreditRepair alternatives to help you pick the best credit repair services provider:
Creditrepair.com vs Lexington Law
Lexington Law is another company that can help you find discrepancies and improve your credit. However, unlike CreditRepair, it promotes itself as a team of attorneys.
Here’s a comparison chart:
|Services||Credit repair, identity theft protection, credit monitoring||Credit repair, identity theft protection, credit monitoring|
|Cheapest Plan||$69.95 per month||$89.95 per month|
|Credit Report Fee||$14.99||$14.99|
|App||iOS and Android||iOS and Android|
|Customer Service||Phone, app, and email||Phone and email|
Creditrepair.com vs The Credit Pros
The Credit Pros does the same job as creditrepair.com. Both companies have a lot in common; however, The Credit Pros is cheaper but lacks the goodwill CreditRepair enjoys.
Here’s a comparison:
|CreditRepair||The Credit Pros|
|Services||Credit repair, identity theft protection, credit monitoring||Credit repair, financial planning, identity theft protection, credit monitoring|
|Cheapest Plan||$69.95 per month||$19 per month|
|Credit Report Fee||$14.99||N/A|
|App||iOS and Android||iOS and Android|
|Customer Service||Phone, app, and email||Phone, client portal, and email|
Creditrepair.com vs Credit Saint
Credit Saint is a new name in the world of ‘credit repair’ that has carved a niche in no time. It offers no-obligation contracts but lacks some of the features CreditRepair comes with.
Here’s a comparison:
|Services||Credit repair, identity theft protection, credit monitoring||Credit repair, inquiry targeting, credit monitoring|
|Cheapest Plan||$69.95 per month||$79.99 per month|
|Credit Report Fee||$14.99||N/A|
|App||iOS and Android||No|
|Customer Service||Phone, app, and email||Chat, phone, and email|
It is time to provide our rating for creditrepair.com. The company has been operating for nearly three decades and appears to have a decent following. While there are cheaper options available, CreditRepair does come with advantages such as reliability, multiple packages, and a mobile app. Give it a try if you are worried about your credit report.