If you search the internet for reliable credit repair firms, you will come across many The Credit People reviews. It is a well-known credit repair company in the industry that offers some great features.
Not many people are fully aware of what credit repair firms do or why they need to hire one. The Credit People’s aim is not only to help repair credit but also to educate people about the importance of good credit.
In this The Credit People review, we’ll have a critical look at the company including The Credit People plans, monthly fee, sign up process, and customer service to help you understand how the company fares.
Let’s start with our review:
What is The Credit People?
As the name suggests, The Credit People is a company offering credit repair services and educational resources to people interested in improving their credit scores.
The main aim of the company is to improve your credit score by identifying and minimizing unfair amounts including aged debts and errors. The team consists of FCRA-certified and experienced agents including people trained in credit repair law.
Launched in 2001, the company is giving competition to other big names and enjoys good ratings on the internet. Most thecreditpeople.com reviews and testimonials are quite positive, and people seem to be fans of not just the services but also its excellent customer support.
They help users in the following ways:
- By disputing questionable and unfairly reported charges.
- Providing credit monitoring services.
- Provide tips on how to improve your credit score.
- Known for offering a prompt review and removal of negative items.
- Offer 24/7 access to your account via a simple to use dashboard.
The best part about the company is the ‘7-day trial’ it offers to help you find out how it works and what kind of services to expect if you sign up for a long time. Marketed as a demo, you can use the service for $19 with full access to features. However, don’t expect to get any items removed from your list as it can take the company weeks to provide results.
You don’t have to worry about office hours since the company offers 24/7 customer service via an off-hours support center. However, the physical office is only open five days a week.
How Does The Credit People Work?
It is very easy to use the platform. Sign up for an account and provide the required details. The process is easy and will only take a few minutes.
You will be asked to choose your preferred plan and pay the fee before you can move ahead. Once done, the company will start to review your credit report and provide you with access to your credit scores and reports.
This is a major plus because most credit repair firms provide summaries and not full reports. With The Credit People, you will be able to have a look at your complete report to have a clear understanding of your financial condition.
The company mainly considers the three main reports: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
In this first step, the company will review your report and find questionable items. A few things it can remove include:
- Late payments
- Student loan issues
- Tax liens
- Identity fraud
You have constant access to your credit score, so you can see how and when the company cleans it up. The website has been designed professionally and is interactive, which makes it pretty fun to use.
You will get access to an online portal that can be used to view your account details including updates on what creditors and landlords can view on your credit reports.
While you can do everything on your own that The Credit People do for you, the true value lies in time savings and reliability. You might not be able to identify all issues in your report or you might not know who to contact to get things corrected.
This is where the company’s expertise comes into play. They’ll send notices to remove items with proof that they’re incorrect or unjustified. They have specialists to negotiate with agencies and creditors and will work relentlessly to ensure you get rid of incorrect items.
You will be able to view the latest updates using the dashboard. Plus, the company will send you timely emails to let you know about the latest happenings. If you’re working with the company then make sure to pay attention to these emails as they can help develop a strategy to sustain and improve your credit. They’re written for individuals and are not stock emails.
Pros vs Cons of The Credit People
Here are some of the pros of choosing the company:
- Guarantee. Plans come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with the services, you will have a chance to get in touch with the agents and request your money back within 60 days.
- No Hidden Charges. One of the greatest benefits of working with The Credit People is clarity. The company charges no hidden fees. You will only pay what you sign up for.
- No Limits. The Credit People is one of the few credit repair companies to offer affordable ‘no limit’ plans. This means you will get a chance to have all unjustified or incorrect items removed without having to pay extra charges.
- Discounts. The company offers an impressive spousal discount of $40 ($20 each) to new customers. In addition to this, it also offers a prepayment discount to customers who pay for six months in advance.
Here are some of the cons of choosing this company:
- Not for Everyone. The Credit People might not be suitable for everyone. For example, they do not guarantee bankruptcy removal despite having a 30 percent success rate.
- Only One Plan. The firm offers a single plan, which may not be suitable for most users. There is a flat-rate membership option but it is too costly.
- No Individual Account Managers. The company does not assign account managers to each account. This is a con because you will probably not be working with the same person throughout the tenure. It can make communication difficult.
The Credit People Prices
The company has a simple and straightforward structure. You can choose from two plans:
Monthly Membership: Starts at $79 per month. You will also have to pay a one-time fee of $19. The package comes with no conditions, and you can pay as you go.
Flat-rate Membership: Costs $419 for six months of service. This plan includes all the services the company offers.
The flat-rate plan can be great for users who trust the company and do not want to make monthly payments. Plus, it comes at a discounted rate but not everyone may need it. If your case is not very complicated, you could get done with the whole process in less than six months. This is why we suggest that you first consider a monthly plan.
Other than this, there is also a 1-week trial for $19. We think The Credit People cost is pretty decent.
The Credit People Alternatives
Here are some more companies offering similar services:
The Credit People vs Lexington Law
Lexington Law gives competition to The Credit People as it is one of the few companies to house all lawyers:
|The Credit People||Lexington Law|
|Starts As Low As||$19 (1 week)||$89.95|
|Most Expensive Plan||$419||$129.95|
The Credit People vs The Credit Pros
The Credit Pros is an affordable name, especially when you compare monthly rates:
|The Credit People||The Credit Pros|
|Upfront Charges||$19||$119 to $149|
|Guarantee||60 Days||Up to 45 days|
|Starts As Low As||$19 (1 week)||$69|
|Most Expensive Plan||$419||$149|
The Credit People vs creditrepair.com
Creditrepair.com does not offer a money-back guarantee but it can be a good option as it is one of the oldest names in the business:
|The Credit People||Credit Repair|
|Upfront Charges||$19||$70 to $120|
|Starts As Low As||$19 (1 week)||$69.95 per month|
|Most Expensive Plan||$419||$119.95|
The Credit People legal credit repair service department knows what it is doing. The company is one of the best credit repair services providers and serves a variety of clients. You can start with a week-long trial to see how it works or sign up for a longer package if you need more issues to take care of.
The company is legitimate and can help remove incorrect items from your credit report.